Jen and Chris (Kim's twin and her husband) visited Kim and I this weekend and we had a great time exploring the coastline of Southern Maine. It is amazing that it takes a visit from family or friends to get Kim and I to see some of the beautiful parts of this great state.
We visited Perkins Cove, in Oguinquit, and walked Marginal Way which is a historic path along the rocky coast of Oguinquit. Chris, the other one (remember I am the better one:) got some great shots of the coastline. Photos are coming.
We ate lunch in Kennebunkport at a local institution, Bartley's Dockside. From the pictures on the wall, Bush Sr. and Jr. along with all the rest of the Bush clan, it looks like the two raging liberals, Chris and Chris, were a bit out of place. The only Democrats on the wall were in the back next to the bathroom's. Keep in mind the Bush's are frequent visitors of Kennebunkport as they have a vacation home here so needless to say Chris and I were constantly looking over our shoulders to make sure we weren't being followed by the big bad Republicans. :)
Yesterday we visited the Portland Head Light where we got a chance to explore Ft. Williams, which was an old maritime fort back during WW1 and WW2.
Stay tuned for some great pictures, inlcuding a couple of photos of Jen and Chris eating a fresh Maine lobster.
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice wrap-up. And thanks again for the great time. You both were excellent hosts and tour guides. I find myself practicing saying "Kennebunkport" just right.
We can't wait for you to come back and visit us again!
Post a Comment