Thursday, September 14, 2006

EXTRA! EXTRA! Read all about it......


Newspaper headlines everywhere should read: "Baby Thea rolls over onto tummy today! Mommy saw it happen". Huge milestone in the baby world and Chris and I are very exited!! Here is how it played out.

I was home Thursday, doing my first work from home (thanks Barbara if you are reading this). Thea was playing on her mat with toys above her (see photo) and I could hear some grunts and tooting and I was expecting another diaper blow out. But then I see her continuing to turn onto her side. I'm watching her keep turning, and turning, and turning and the next thing I know she rolls over. She doesn't cry or anything and had the expression of "huh, why is all thr furniture now upside down?". So as any first time mom would do (and one who is still loaded with hormones)--I called Chris, crying, telling him all about it.

He came home from work and we watched, and watched, and watched to see if she would do it again and all Thea did was stare, and stare, and stare back back at us--probably waiting to see what new tricks we might do too (see "stare off" photo below)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very exciting, and cute pictures, too! -Debi