Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Punk Rocker

Thea was just telling me the other day that she
was going to start gunning for a spot on the
Ramone's yet to be planned comeback tour. She is trying out the hairdo. What do you think?

So I know it has been awhile since I have posted anything on the blog that I helped create. I could give you a bunch of excuses but that's all they would be, excuses. So I will just launch into the goings on in Daddy's world lately.

Back on June 23rd, we all loaded up the car and headed to the great North Woods (Northern Maine for you out-of-towner's) for my sisters' wedding. Little Thea was the most beautiful flower girl in the Pine Tree State this summer. (Really, they have an award for it that she won. Ask her about it sometime.) Thea did very well behaving through the rehearsal, the rehearsal dinner, the actual wedding and the loud music and drunken revelry. There were lots of new people and lots of folks for the astute Thea to study like they were a calculus final.


Later in June I traveled to DC for a Planned Parenthood national conference. Normally I don't like going to DC in the summer because it is about 105 in the shade with a humidity level that would peel paint, however this trip was special. Our national office was able to secure three Presidential hopefuls, Sen. Barrack Obama, Sen. Hillary Clinton and Elizabeth Edwards, wife of former Sen. John Edwards, to speak to the conference attendees. What an amazing experience! Of course I forgot to bring our camera, but that is okay because Mommy was able to take a video of Thea Bean so that each morning I woke up in my hotel room I was able to watch a new video of the little peanut. Anyway, the three candidates spoke passionately about women's issues, access to affordable health care and the importance of being a strong leader. I won't go any further in this because I have been told that this is just a family blog and not Daily Kos (ask Stocksmith what Daily Kos is if you don't know).

So what else. I just got off of a week long working vacation. I had a list of projects to tackle in the old house with the biggest one being sanding the steps in our house so that I could stain the treads and paint the rise. Did I finish this job you ask? That would be a big, fat negative. Once I got into the sanding I realized that this was a much bigger job that I had previously thought. I made some good progress but I still have a lot left to do. My hope is that I can get this completely done by Halloween. Wish me luck! Yesterday we finally got the new vinyl window installed on our porch. They still have some finish work to do but they already make a huge difference in the look and feel of our porch. Stay tuned for updates of Ma' and Pa' sittin' out on the front porch with Pa' whitilin' and Ma' sewing. (Added sarcastic emphasis added here)

I guess that's all for now. Let me leave you with one of my recent favorite pictures of little Thea.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Nice update and great photos. Just wondering what is written on Thea's shorts in the last photo?