Friday, August 04, 2006

Shots, Shots and more shots



Little Thea had a series of shots today. Four total but still needs one more.

It's quite the process with two nurses giving her one shot each in both legs and then doing it over again. Thea was fine before the shots, cried when she got them and was picked up and cuddled by Chris after they were over. I fed her right afterwards too which kept her happy. So she did great! And Chris was supportive to as usual. He actually was supportive enough to both Thea and me.

How was I during all this? I could learn something from Thea, that's for sure. I was at home before the shots looking up on-line the best way to support her during these shots. And I was crying during this, I was crying before the nurses came into the room, I was crying when she got them and cried hours afterward too just thinking about it. In my defense, I would like to add that I haven't had a nap in two days so after this posting I am going to sleep.

We have to do this at her 4 month visit and a 6 month visit. I hope it gets easier and I know I had shots when I was a baby and don't have any psycological issues about them so things are fine with her. Or maybe I do have issues with shots (I hated them as a kid) and that's what my problem is and I'm blaming lack of sleep?? Hmmmm, interesting isn't it???

No comments: