Friday, December 29, 2006

Look What Santa Left Us Under the Tree


Definately the best gift this year was Thea! What fun she has been and she continues to be more and more amazing every passing day. And speaking of passing days, I can't believe how many have passed since I last posted on the blog! For now I am going to use the excuse of being sick.

Thea had her first fever so I didn't think it was appropriate to post photos or write about taking her first temp the old fashion way (i.e. where the good lord split ya ;) . We ended up taking her to the ER because 1) it was Saturday night and instead of date night for Mom and Dad we decided the ER waiting room was much more romantic; 2) her fever was pretty high even after tylenol; and 3) I'm her mom and a first timer at that so I might have over reacted but better safe then sorry and money well spent for piece of mind.

Since Thea is so cute, we couldn't help but cuddle and kiss her and what do you know....we both end up getting sick. Chris was out shortly after Thea for a few days with a fever and then I got a GI bug (I could be more descriptive but I won't--you get what GI means). Luckily it was out of my system within 24 hours. Despite this excitement right before Christmas, we were able to head up to Chris's folks for Christmas. Thea was spoiled with lots of presents from Grandma, Grandpa and Auntie Crystal but I think her favorite one was the yellow ribbon off one of the packages. Go figure. All in all it was a good Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa Quints.

After we got home on Christmas day, Chris got round two of his cold which was a severe headache, nausea, fever, etc. He was out Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and actually went and saw a doctor (something he doesn't like to do). Is that all you ask? Well of course not. Another virus came knocking and I answered and ended up with a fever and chills for a couple of days. Now we are both down for the count. Luckily I have a great friend who lives in town who picked Thea up Wednesday morning, took her to Day Care and brought her home that evening. S he then came back that night, made some dinner (scrambled eggs), changed Thea into her PJ's and washed the dishes. She took Thea to day care on Thursday morning as well. Thanks Hope, you were definately a life saver!!!

So hopefully you all are keeping in good health and are having a safe Holiday. I know this wasn't the best Thea posting to read but the last few weeks has just been about germs, colds, fevers, etc so this is what you get.

More in a bit.............stay tuned.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Aw...super cute photo! Hope all the germs stay in 2006.