Thursday, December 07, 2006

Sigh......



Looking back to at the September 15th entry, I was so excited that Thea rolled over for the first time. Ahhhh, the tears of joy I had. Well, now it seems that rolling over is her favorite trick these days. Actually, it's her only trick and she performs it over........and over........and over....... and over again. This performance is taking place in the middle of the night which means gone are the days of sleeping through the night for us and for her, so needless to say Chris and I are exhausted.

Once the signal from Thea, in the form of a startled cry, comes over our monitor we go in to her room and flip her back over, causing her to fall back asleep, for awhile. This little game happens 3-4 times a night. She'll start fussing and crying because she can't get back to how she was, or she will start crying because she has scooted herself into a corner of the crib and get's "stuck" (see photo), or she will throw her pacifier out of her crib and now wants it back.

Despite this little nightly performance she's a great baby--just a little over zealous when it comes to "The Amazing Flipping Baby Show" and wants to perform it nightly. But I guess after she learns to roll 360 degrees it's not over. I hear that she will learn to sit up and not know how to lie back down so we will experience this all over again. And I think the same thing too when she learns to stand up.

Until then, we will continue to take turns getting up to roll her over.

No comments: