Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Step right up....



Step right up....step right up and take a guess. Guess little Thea's weight. She has an appointment on Friday so we can see where she has gone from her 8 lb 1 oz visit four weeks ago (at her 2 week check up). Any guesses???? What is the prize you say? Well we will dedicate an entire blog entry to the winner! That's right, your name on the internet!

Last night was a successful night for us. Thea did her normal wake up at 2:30 am, however this time she went back to sleep in her own crib. For those who don't know, Thea will sleep in her crib when we put her down but for some reason, at 2:30 am, she won't go back to sleep in her crib. She'll fall asleep in our arms but when we transfer her to the crib, she starts crying again. So one night a while ago I brought her to our room so she could lay down with us in our bed and guess what? She instantly was asleep the moment she hit the bed. So each night when I was unsuccessful at getting her back to sleep, I'd bring her to our room and she'd sleep there until her next wake up at 5:30 or 6:00 am. Then she would be fed, changed and we'd put her in her crib with no problems. The 2:30 am situation was something Chris was determined to not have become a habit (although I found it really cute--having her in our bed and all even though I don't sleep while she is in our bed because I'm nervous one of is going to roll over on her). So the other night Chris was up for over an hour with her and finally came back to our room.....with Thea in his arms. Chris 0. Thea 1. Actually it is more like: Parents 0 Thea 113.

So, how'd we get Thea to sleep in her own crib??? We got advice from Chris's friends from work (some are nurses) and from my sister Debi. I changed her routine from changing, feeding, then swaddling to changing, swaddling then feeding. This way, after she gets sleepy from eating she goes right into her crib without getting moved around from being swaddled.

It worked last night so let’s hope for another successful night.